I’ve been busy, busy for the past week between getting in the groove with my new position (not new company), organizing events, having family in town, and other obligations. Last night my head hit the pillow shortly after 11pm and I didn’t see the sun until almost 10am.
Thank goodness for days off and much-needed sleep!
The past week left very little time for me or for writing/blogging. Alex hardly managed to pull off a surprise date night, which was a surprise indeed! Melting Pot, for the win!
This past week solidified two things. First, that I need a vacation! And second, that when life gets crazy my goals and healthiness go out the window.
Alex and I are officially in vacation planning mode for mid-October. And it should come as no surprise when I say we are going to Walt Disney World for a few nights! So many great things are happening at Disney this Fall so we knew there was nowhere else we’d rather go to escape for a long weekend.
I’ve started to realize that letting goals and healthiness take a back seat when life gets busy is nothing more than another excuse for me . And excuses keep me from getting where I want to be. I’ll never be completely successful in this journey if I can’t figure out how to navigate life and ditch the excuses. Perhaps this is why it’s a journey.
With that I have decided to leave my Small Goals just as they were the last week.
- An arm workout, or two. My arms are flabby and shapeless. Yuck!
- No carbs after breakfast. This one comes recommended by my doctor.
- Set up a blog calendar. I have lots of ideas, but need to organize them and plan.
- Water, Water, Water. Water is my primary beverage, I just need to drink more of it.
- Vitamins! I need to get back in the habit of taking my daily supplements.