This past week was tough! My hardest week thus far and I’ll try to explain why, or at least what I’ve learned.
– Hot Pumpkin tea is where it’s at!
– My body now recognizes processed food and instantly wants to reject them. I’ll spear you the details, it’s TMI. You are welcome.
– But with that said, I still made less than favorable choices all week. We ate out, I made pasta, and I enjoyed a pumpkin cookie once or twice.
– I’ve noticed a change in my sleep patterns too. I don’t know if it’s directly correlated to the food, or a combination of food choices and stress.
– A lot of personal things happened this week and through them I learned something about myself and my relationship with food.
– When I am stressed or am having negative feelings (sad, mad, anxious, etc.) I either want to pig out on junk food or eat nothing at all. Luckily, I have no junk food in the house anymore. I would have to go out of my way to obtain some, and by that time it isn’t worth it anymore.
– I’ve also noticed that I am not actually hungry in most of these instances where I want to binge on junk. Simply grabbing a bottle of water curbs the issue.
– Something I need help with: changing up breakfast in the morning. Especially when I have to run out the door in a hurry it’s hard for me to get creative.
– My focus for Week 4 has to be on Food. That’s what this is all about, after all. Good, whole, clean FOOD.
– I’ve already decided that I will do the Whole30 again. I need it. My body needs it.
Weigh in results:
Monday, October 1st: 220.2
Monday, October 8th: 216.4
Monday, October 15th: 215.0
Monday, October 22nd: 214.9
You can see my tough week reflected in the weight loss. Headstrong onto Week 4…