I knew it was July, but when I sat down to blog last night I had no idea that it was already the eve of the 4th of July. Darn! Where does time go?!
At this half way point in the year I thought it would be a good chance to revisit some of the goals I set for myself at the start of 2012.
- 1. MOVE! – Priorities for moving have shifted a bit so moving is on hold temporarily. Maybe in 2013.
- 2. Get out of retail by holiday season 2012. – I have changed jobs but I am still in retail. This time around I am working for a company I love doing a job that I love. Chances of me still being in retail come the end of the year are high, but loving my job is what matters most!
- 3. Run Disney’s ToT 10 in September – Recently I have been a little skeptical about this, but after my last post and some new motivation from friends I am back on my way to finishing this race in 12 weeks!
- 4. Eat more vegetarian and organic. – I need to focus more on this.
- 5. Break the unhealthy cycle and find a feel good weight. – Being healthy is an ongoing process for me… To Be Continued.
- 6. Work on a budget. Save more. – Mint.com – After some recent financial woes I have realized the importance of my savings accounts.
- 7. Take at least two classes per semester towards my degree. – I finished my classes in the spring with an A average and I am registered for three more this fall.
- 8. Trip to Italy to visit the family. – New job, financial difficulties, and school have postponed this goal until 2013.
- 9. Keep working on my Italian. – I try to make a regular habit of this, especially when my niece and nephew are around because they are working on it too.
- 10. Be kind. Pay it forward. Volunteer – My new job takes a lot of pride in volunteering in the community. They make it easy and fun to give back.
- 11. Have more quite time. Unplug from cyber world. – I have unplugged more recently than ever before, especially at night and it’s rather nice but I tend to fall way behind on emails, blogs and blogging, twitter – which are the mail ways I keep in touch.
- 12. Read my Dear 2012 Self letter at least once a month. – I actually forgot about this letter for several months. Time to re-read.
I’ve still got some work to do and half the year to do it, but for the next several weeks my focus will be on being as healthy as possible and running. The Tower of Terror 10 is one goal that I can almost reach out and touch. The finishers line will be here before I know it.
Today I am celebrating two very special birthdays!
My sweet Princess, Chloe, turned 10 years old today! Time flies and I love her so much. She has been a huge part of my adult life. I am so blessed.
And the more obvious birthday, the birth of our great country! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Thanks to all the men and women that make holidays like today possible. I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday!