This girl loves some chocolate and after yesterday’s blog I realized I haven’t posted any sort of recipe in a while. Today I am changing that!
We made it into our own “chocolate creation” with the ingredients I already had on hand.
- 1 Box of cake mix (We picked German Chocolate)
- Ingredients needed to make cake (usually eggs, oil and water but I made some substitutions*)
- 2 (4 oz.)packages of Instant pudding (We only had chocolate and cookies and cream – so we mixed them together and that’s what we used!)
- 4 cups milk (I used non-fat because that’s what I drink)
- Make cake as directed on the box. *I also replaced oil with applesauce and eggs for Egg Beaters egg whites*
- I used a 12×10 ceramic dish, but a 13×9 will work too. Watch your time depending on the dish (pan) you use.
- Just before cake is finished begin preparing the pudding as directed on the package.
- When cake is finished and still warm poke holes throughout the cake, evenly spaced. I used a wooden spoon to do this.
- Pour pudding mix all over cake and spread out evenly.
- Let it set in the fridge for an hour or more. It’s delicious when it’s cold!
- And enjoy!
I have some calorie counts for you too! To the best of my estimations I did this on MyFitnessPal.
On the top you have the calorie counts for the cake made as directed on the packages. On the bottom is my “skinny” version.
We pre-cut the cake into 20 servings with the pan we used, so your calorie counts may vary.
Also, if you use Sugar Free Jell-O you could cut the calories down a little bit more!
I have a lot of ideas on how to change this up even more.
Happy Pinning and Happy Baking!