“By prevailing over all obstacles and distractions, one may unfailingly arrive at his chosen goal or destination” — Christopher Columbus
The craziness of daily life paired with a never-ending to-do list are easy distractions, and I’ve been so distracted lately. So I did the only thing I could think of and unplugged myself from all non-essential distractions.
Wouldn’t you know that I got a lot of important things done!
- I clean and organized the mess I live in.
- Spent quality time with Alex.
- Started and finished many put off projects.
- Went shopping with my mom.
- Read a book and caught up on my magazines.
- Got Father’s day all planned and put together.
- Brewed my own pot of coffee and made iced coffee — without going to Starbucks!
- Slept past 8am!
- Confidently accepted a new job and left my old one.
There is something oddly rejuvenating and comforting about that list.
One more thing about getting things done. In effort to keep with a running routine and ensure some extra “me” time, I am joining the Summer Running Streak over at Runner’s World. It starts Memorial Day (Monday 5/28) and goes through Independence day on July 4th. One mile every day for 38 days! I believe Lynsey and Ann are participating too!
What’s your me time? Are you in for the streak?