Seriously, January 4th? If I am not careful this year will whiz right on by just like 2011!
I began to ponder how I wanted to improve upon last year, but I just wasn’t feeling the same gusto as I had in years past. With a few free days in our schedule, Alex and I went on a New Years Weekend adventure. It was while we were driving across the state that my thoughts really began to come together.
So, here are my 12 resolutions for 2012!
2. Get out of retail by holiday season 2012.
3. Run ToT 10 in September. (Disney race, click here to link)
4. Eat more vegetarian and organic.
5. Break the unhealthy cycle and find a feel good weight.
6. Work on a budget. Save more. – Mint.com
7. Take at least two classes per semester towards my degree.
8. Trip to Italy to visit the family.
9. Keep working on my Italian.
10. Be kind. Pay it forward. Volunteer.
11. Have more quite time. Unplug from cyber world.
12. Read my Dear 2012 Self letter at least once a month.
I have firmly placed this resolutions on my desktop, so they are always there to remind me.
To further explain these resolutions…
1. Move! This will be it’s own post tomorrow! Big changes are expected by summer 2012.
2. Out of retail. This holiday season was really stressful. I don’t want to do that every year forever.
3. Run ToT 10k. 6.2 miles by October is very attainable since I ran a 5k in 2011.
4. Eat more veg and organic. I did this last year and loved how I felt.
5. Break the unhealthy cycle and find my feel good weight. This is just a necessity.
6. Save more. My spending habits are HORRID! I can’t achieve anything if I don’t save for it.
7. Take two classes per semester. More on this later too but I am enrolled in 2 that start next week!
8. Take a trip to visit the family. It’s been 6 years since I went last to Italy. I am way over due!
9. Practice Italian. 6 years away from family and not speaking regularly has left me very rusty!
10. Be kind, pay it forward, volunteer. I want to give back more than I do. I think it’s important.
11. Have more quite time. Unplug from cyber world. Focus more on myself and my relationships.
12. Reread my Dear 2012 Self letter. This will serve as an important reminder throughout the year.
These resolutions/goals don’t seem to overwhelm me like ones in years past. Like run a half marathon, or lose 40 pounds. Remembering to break my goals down to something attainable but with a little stretch was key for me this year. However, they also had to be something I knew I could be passionate all year-long.