We normally set goals to make ourselves better or to get us where we want to be. Some of us like big lofty goals, while others like to make smaller ones and take baby steps.
I am a very goal oriented person. When someone else sets the goal for me that is! At work and in school I am always on point. I know right where I am, or right where I need to be. Always! But I often find myself struggling with meeting self set goals. Why can’t I also accomplish the personal goals that I set for myself? That is where I need work.
I want to recap and review the goals I set for myself this year. How am I doing?
Goals for 2011:
- Commit to school and being the student I know I can be. – I have one class lined up to take this fall, and I am hoping to add two more before classes start.
- Read a variety of books. – With my new Nook Color that has been easy!
- Be healthier: Food and Exercise. – I am struggling a bit, still trying to find balance.
- Learn to run & commit myself to the training. Maybe run a race or two! – I actually ran a 5k! Remember, Memorial Weekend? YAY!
- Enjoy my days a single woman. Live life to the fullest! Carpe Diem! – I am doing this more than ever before. And this will be covered on it’s own post.
- Get more organized. – I am getting better, but not as perfect as I’d like.
- Save money! – Money does go from checking to savings every week. But it doesn’t always remain there as things come up. Guess it’s a good thing to have savings!
- Get out of this town and explore the world! – I’ve been to Minnesota twice and I have taken a few in-state trips. Work really puts a damper on this one sometimes.
- Take a writing and photography class. – The one class I am already set for is photography! If it works with my schedule I hope to add creative writing too.
- Get serious with my Italian. Practice with my mom. – I haven’t practiced with my mom, but I do practice with my niece and nephew as they learn the language. And I have regular Skype dates with the family in Italy.
- Eat lots of color everyday. Fruits and veggies.
- C25K! I can run again!
- Learn how to work/use my Garmin HRM.
- More blogs with more pictures. Everyone likes pictures!
Happy Canada Day to all my friends to the north! I hope everyone here has a happy and safe 4th of July weekend! Any fun weekend plans? I have to work, so please dish!