The name change and blog…
Whenever I sat down to write, something never felt like. Not when I started my first blog last year. Not when I changed the name to ‘Sabrina Is On The Move’. I feel like I was always trying to find my niche. A name can say a lot about something or someone. I
wanted needed my blog to exemplify me. I went back to the drawing board.
It was shortly after I drafted Alone With My Thoughts and Thinking Big that it became clear. I started to see my direction like it had been staring me in the face the entire time.
More than anything I wanted to write as if I were having a conversation with a friend. Open, honest, the sky is the limit sort of dialogue that could keep us chatting for hours. I didn’t want to put a limit on myself or feel tied to writing about just one thing or another. I know in the past all my blogs were not directly related to my healthiness journey. Someday’s that just wasn’t what I wanted or needed to write about, and I felt like I owed myself more.
Coffee With Sabrina came to me on a whim. If I hadn’t written it down I would have more than likely forgot about it. (Which reminds me to get a small notebook so I can always jot blog related notes and not forget something important.) Immediately I knew it was a winner. Coffee With Sabrina… It just reminded me of sitting at a quaint coffee shop with a friend, talking for hours about whatever suites our mood. And to boot, I love coffee!! 😉
My ideal blog, with the perfect title, and the perfect direction.
If you are still here, you probably want to know what you might be reading in the future.
- My healthiness fight is forever, so that will still be an active topic.
- My journey to running the Disney Princess Half Marathon in 2012.
- Food. I want to do a lot of cooking and baking this summer! Glorious food!
- Books I am reading. I read a lot, but I don’t always share.
- Adventures I take and roads I travel.
- Some of my DIY decorating projects. A lot of those happen around here too.
- Anything that seems worth blogging about in the moment.
“So, Sabrina, you are basically going to be blogging about your life?” — YEP!! I want my writings to be causal and fun, but most of all a natural part of my life!
Tell me. What do you want to read about? Do you have questions for me, or something you want to know? Leave suggestions or ask question in the comment section below!
- Goals. After two months away from it, I need smaller monthly goals back in my life!
- GIVEAWAY! It’s coming together and will be ready any day! Keep an open eye! 😉
What do you and your friends chat about over coffee?
PS– Happy Social Media Day! I am so thankful to have so many ways to connect and build friendships with some many amazingly different people!