Today is my day off. The last time I had a day off, it didn’t go so well. Actually neither day off last week went well. Last night I went to bed planning to make today a super productive, great day. Just one problem, I didn’t wake up feeling the same way as I did when I went to bed.
It’s barely Noon here on the East Coast and it’s been a highly emotional day.
(I know what some of you may be thinking…
it’s not the time of the month, and even if it were I am not the emotional type)
For the past week I have been an overly emotional human being.
Crying Over Everything But Spilled Milk:
- My foot injury and how limited I am.
- Because my 5k is less than 3 weeks away now.
- The stitches in my thumb, seeing all the bruises and scars. Reminding me what I lost.
- That my mom and I are no closer than we were 10 years ago.
- When I listen to music.
- When I hug my dog.
- That my plane ticket to Minnesota can’t be a one way ticket.
- That I have been stuck in my healthiness journey since January.
- Every time I open my closet doors.
- That 2 years ago I was laid off from a job most young designers would kill for.
- That despite some part time work here and there it took me 2 years to find a job I can grow in.
- That I am almost 26 and I feel stuck in life and my education.
- That the world can be such an evil place sometimes.
- That I don’t get to see my extended family in Italy as often as I wish I could.
- That my real friends might not know how much I love, cherish and value them.
Most of you know me pretty well, and should know I am not normally an emotional wreck. Since last Wednesday and Thursday I have been on this emotional roller coaster. Today I just wanted to let it out.
In attempts to have a better day my agenda is: to get busy cleaning and organizing. Later I will take the doggies for a swim in the pool — and work on my tan so I will actually look like a Floridian when I arrive in Minnesota. I have a blog in the works for tomorrow, and maybe I can get another step closer to mastering WordPress. Tonight I can look forward to baseball and chatting online with a few good friends! 😉
Thanks for reading my Debbie Downer post. Don’t forget to leave me your blog address so I can add you to my reader and come stalk you too. 😉
Little do you know, but you have cheered me up already!