And we are off! I figured before I put the scale away I may as well use it as much as I can and obsess as much as I can. So here are my starting numbers:
- First thing in AM – 193.4
- Chest – 44
- Waist – 45
- Hips – 47
- Thigh – 27
- Biceps – 13 3/4
I normally don’t take my measurements. Actually, I never do. So, I did those to the best of my ability. Using this as a guide:
- Chest: Measure around the largest part of your chest.
- Biceps: Measure midway between the top of your shoulder and elbow.
- Waist: Measure at the narrowest point, approximately one inch above your belly button. No cheating! Don’t pull in your belly or stick it out.
- Hips: Measure your hips around the largest part of your buttocks with your heels together.
- Thigh: Thighs are measured separately. Stand with your legs slightly apart. Measure your upper leg where the circumference is largest.
I went for a 2.1 mile walk/jog this morning. 40 minutes with a pace of 18:36. Burning about 220 calories. But I made 2 mistakes: I went at 9am, and it’s so hot already, and I wore long pants. What was I thinking?!?! So from now on I am going to try to get my outdoor exercise in around 7-7:15, that way I have about 45mins until dark and its normally a lot cooler! I had a banana before I went out and I am having a chocolate protein shake now. I am planning a salad for lunch, turkey burger and veggies for dinner, and a skinny cow ice cream for dessert! 🙂
I still have 20 more minutes of sweating to do, according to the challenge. (WHICH YOU CAN READ HERE) So I am thinking I will do some work with weights tonight while I watch baseball. Unless of course, walking around the mall, carrying shopping bags for an hour will count? No? Yeah, I didn’t think so either.
So I am off to be productive and start chugging some water!! I hope you all have an AMAZING Friday, and a great start to the challenge.
** Oh! Did I mention I am going to hide my scale? I even cosidered throwing it out so I won’t be tempted. I got it at Target for 25 bucks about 4 months ago. Throwing it away and buying a new one in a months time maybe not be so bad. Unless the real test is to keep it and use some will power to not get on it. Hmmm, we shall see. Either way, I have decided I can be number free.