Lindsay a Prior Fat Girl posted a blog this morning with a challenge in it. (READ IT HERE)
No more numbers. We all have issues with the numbers we do, or do not see on the scale. And we obsess about it.
An anonymous reader posted a comment to her blog yesterday and came up with a challenge for Lindsay, which you can read on her post. But here is the shorter version:
Starting tomorrow, Aug 20th – Sept 20th… On day one, weigh yourself, measure yourself and then put those tools away (no peeking, not even once). Stay within your calories 6 days per week. Drink only water (no diet soda). Get an hour of planned, sweaty exercise 6 days per week. Wear your HRM during your workouts (if you have one) and jot down your calories burned in a notebook, but don’t analyze or judge it – if you can’t do that, have someone close & trustworthy keep the notebook for you and report your numbers to them. Don’t calculate how much you *should* have lost. You cannot will the numbers on the scale to go down just by obsessively thinking about it.
That is a pretty huge challenge. I am committing to support Lindsay. She has tweaked the challenge to work for her & her schedule. She is committing to working out 4-5 days per week.
I never obsessed about numbers until I decided to lose weight. I didn’t even own a scale until a few more weeks after that. But once I bought the scale, the obsession began, and it has been an every day thing ever since.
Not weighing in for an entire month seems a bit much for me. So here is what I am committing to:
- Weigh in and take all measurements tomorrow. And put away the tape measure.
- I will commit to 5-6 days of 1 hour sweaty workouts.
- I will drink H2O with an occasional Crystal Light and of course my Green Tea in the mornings. *I cannot drink only water for a month, I would get bored and then stray to something else and FAIL!*
- I will stay within my calories. Which is goaled for 1200-1500. *I didn’t see anything about not being allowed to track calories. So is that allowed?*
- I will share every day of the challenge on my blog.
Here is what I am tweaking:
- I will weigh myself once a week. On Sunday’s. *Sorry everyone, I don’t want to promise to not weigh in all month, then cheat, and let you all down.* So once a week it is.